Thursday 17 October 2013

getting a little warmer

I'm a little late to the Twitterverse, and I'll talk further about my consumer adventures to date but first I wanted to update the Ikea story. 

Amazingly the very helpful woman "L" who works in the Self-Serve area not only did as she promised, measuring the shelf I was after she also called to let me know and then a couple of days later she called again to say she would hold a shelf for me until the end of business today.

I have to say I was pretty blown away.   So in spite of the rain tonight I headed over the Swedish House of Home Worship and collected my held shelf - for which I plan to use to hold my various bathroom linens.

I will let Ikea know the story, partly because I'm just plain impressed.  But also because I think employees who got that extra mile really deserve a shout out.

So now I have a 'grown-up' shelf and, my favourite part of all Ikea purchases, a project!

No comments:

Post a Comment